Similar, in many ways to ‘fail’ memes, Nailed it Memes often contain a strong element of irony, sarcasm or simple mockery.
‘Nailed-it, as a phrase, was originally used to indicate success — especially when something that seems difficult is achieved with relative ease. But online, it is commonly used in a sarcastic or ironic way, as a caption for an image criticizing the quality of success, and especially in comparing people’s attempts at recreating recipes, costumes, craft projects and other things against the original — with the attempted recreation looking poor by comparison.
As the caption, and memes using the caption, have spread and become more popular, the variety of uses has also widened. For example, our first nailed it meme is a simple comparison of two pictures: one is a photo of Miley Cyrus with her hair sticking up, the other is a photo of a bird with decorative feathers on its head. The caption is simply ‘nailed it’ — implying that either Miley was copying the bird, or the bird was copying Miley.
Finding two photos with superficial similarities and placing them next to each other in the context of a comparison, like someone comparing their cake against the original example, is a great and frequently very funny form of nailed-it memes.
We’ve included 45 different memes on this page, including 3 animated gifs at the bottom of the page. My favorite, overall, has to be the overweight guy posing in front of the Rolling Stone magazine cover, imitating the pose of the pretty female model. His look of absolute glee, and posture are hilarious!
Enjoy our selection:
Nailed it Memes
Miley Cyrus does indeed have bird-hair.
2. Saw a Hedgehog cake on Pinterest and Nailed-it!
I don’t think the Pinterest cake had actual nails in it, though.
3. This guy was motivating people at the gym!
True story… But to do what?
4. Totally Nailed-it!
5. Another Nailed-it cake lesson!
Although the second version is clearly AFTER a tragic train crash.
6. Supermarket stacking Nailed-it!
Whoever it was, I need them to rearrange my home.
7. Totally read that…
Although it’s only upside down, not backwards too.
8. Nailed the Batman looky-likey test!
9. Not sure what was actually nailed here…
But yes, the pictures do look similar.
10. Nailed the Cookie monster cocktail!
11. Totally nailed the whole hair-flick thing…
Although she may want to reconsider her facial expression when she’s doing it.
12. Who wants to be painting Marshmallow from Frozen, anyway?
Totally nailed that Jackson Pollack, though.
13. Very cool diving Nailed-it!
IF it’s an actual picture and not a Photoshop fix-up… which is is.
14. A quite literal Nailed-it! logo?
15. Another totally Nailed-it supermarket stacker!
Nice Batman job!
16. Nailed the job interview!
Why should we hire you? Because you’re hiring! Love it. But she doesn’t get the job!
17. Yet another totally Nailed-it supermarket arrangment
18. Quite literally Nailed-it, made it into a horror story and a film, too…
Hellraiser’s Pinhead is the original ‘nailed-it’ guy, who didn’t get the joke…
19. This lady totally Nailed Lady Gaga’s hair bow…
20. Nailed-it in the snowman making contest!
21. Nailed-it in the paint-along…
Although, what do you expect when you’re using Microsoft Paint 1985?
22. Totally Nailed-it in the cooking lesson!
23. Miley Cyrus lookalike fail!
That banana does not look tasty at all…
24. Look how this photo matches key elements of this Xmen photo!
Don’t know if this was a very clever snap, or a very observant (and Xmen obsessed) observer — but the similarities are clear!
25. How Waffle Tacos look on the box, and how they look IN the box!
Although, to be honest, the whole idea of ‘waffle-tacos’ kind of disgusts me. And the idea of ‘waffle-tacos-in-a-BOX’ revolts me. And for breakfast? How could anyone even look at them at breakfast?
26. Cool lookalike streetplan — the orginal vs the imitation!
27. To be fair, I’m not convinced these girls with balloon hats intended being compared against the other two…
But the two photos are kinda funny when put next to each other — the smiles and blue…
28. A different kind of Nailed-it, here…
If you can’t read the text at the top of the image, it goes something along the lines of this: This guy’s mom got annoyed when she read on Facebook how difficult it was to raise kids — people were saying ‘it’s as difficult as trying to nail jello to a tree’. But this guy’s mom said ‘no, it’s easy’ — so she went out and nailed a tub of jello to a tree to prove her point.
Not sure how that actually proves her point but it’s kind of amusing. And she definitely ‘nailed it’ to the tree…
29. Facebook algorithm fail!
This is more of an ironic ‘nailed-it’ because, clearly, the Facebook algorithm hasn’t nailed it at all — how is National Geographic related to girl tattoos?
30. Another not-really-nailing-it Nailed-it meme!
Dog on the left looking smart and well-behaved, ready and waiting to tuck into his dinner (very staged photo). Dog on the left is the ‘real thing’…
31. Totally doesn’t Nail-it with this Scarface tattoo!
Unless Al Pacino gets a really bad face lift, tuck, bash!
32. More smiling girls with balloon hats being compared against posh ladies with hats!
33. Even without the example of a Jolly Roger pirate flag, these are bad looking cookies…
34. Totally Nailed-it!
The word ‘IT; Nails; and a hammer!
35. At last: Apple supports Windows!
Ok, not really a nailed it. But a funny photo anyway — an Apple laptop computer wedged in to keep the window open… all it needs is a funny headline!
36. Totally Nailed-it Ironman costume NOT!
This is an Ironman fail. There is no iron. And I can’t even tell if it’s a man.
37. Totally Nailed-it imitating Rolling Stone magazine cover!
It took a lot of courage to pose for this photo.
38. Nailed-it Gogeta lookalike costume!
Although carrots for a collar?
39. Beauty getting out of the swimming pool in a bikini vs polar bear naked!
Think about it, if you were a male polar bear looking at this photo, you’d see the same thing but the other way around…
40. Eye Make-up fail, here!
What was he/she thinking? Four eye-brows doesn’t work anywhere, ever…
41. Elsa from Frozen film lookalike costume FAIL!
This one just looks weird!
42. Stuffed wildcat vs domestic cat lookalike!
Some Animated Nailed-it Gif Memes
43. This gymnast totally nails-it, even as her parrallel bars fail-it!
44. Girl nails a hole-in-one with a ping pong ball and her belly button…
While this guy totally fails it with his…
45. Here’s the Pixar introduction scene done on the cheap!
Totally failed it!